Make the telephone service provider confirm verbally that person calling premium rate number is
1. the contract owner
2. of age
They already do this for UK premium rate lines, if the telephone owner cannot be confirmed to be making the call and is aged appropriately then it is not chargable.
remove this profitable loophole for the thieves and the problem goes elsewhere
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great