Not just Google
In the past week, I've seen multiple outages while trying to pay online inside the UK:
Trying to pay for my pizza order at Pizza Hut: unknown error (as in "can't talk to the payment system") - they don't use Google
Trying to top-up my SIM: connection timeout - they don't use Google either
Trying to draw petrol out of a Tesco Pay@Pump petrol station - I'm quite sure they don't use Google :)
It feels more like a UK banking thing than a Google thing, and Google is just playing along. You didn't see an HSBC banner on that 404 page by any chance, did you? :)
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?