"Oh look, another dumb law...
Laws like this are not *about* enforcement.
They are about giving the Police yet *another* optional crime to charge someone with
The more absurd and ambiguous the law, the *better* for police. Lock someone up, confiscate their computers, DVD collection etc (after all this is likely the thin end of the wedge, we hope). Know one *really* knows if a jury *would* take this BS seriously. But it works wonders at keeping the sheep in line.
"What's that? A copy of Kill Bill Vol1? And the cartoon "Love is" in today's newspaper, provocatively displayed. You're going *down*."
It's ironic that the Conservative party don't really *need* many policies. They could fill 90% of their manifesto with just the laws they would get rid of.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire