re: Cart ... horse ...
"at the moment what sells it is nothing other than the Apple brand and marketing ... what buys it is the legion of fanbois with more money than sense to whom 'retard' probably does apply given it is totally unproven, seen etc"
Although I think you have a point of sorts about the Apple brand and marketing, you're waaaaaay off the mark with your comment about the fanboys buying it. If you looked at the various Mac-centric forums, you're not seeing big love for the iPad - something that is wanted is an affordable mid-range tower, which ain't going to happen.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court