Re: Actual use?
I think the main market is consumers, but not to say there won't be business applications too. Things like looking up recipes in the kitchen, watching a movie on a plane, keeping kids occupied in the back of car, reading your favourite blogs in bed before you go to sleep, the whole ebook thing.
Sure, you and I know there are plenty of other devices that can already do some or all of these things, but Apple's expertise is knowing how to package it all up and deliver a highly desirable and well designed consumer appliance, not just a piece of geek technology that ticks a lot of boxes on a spec sheet. I suspect the iPad is going to be phenomenally successful therefore.
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account