This is a disgrace
We all know that Windows is not free. If you have to buy it in a retail store, then you need to buy it with the PC. If Windows was free, then it would be free to download, like Linux. However, treating it like a "component" of the PC is very clever on Dell's part. If they are not willing to allow the customers to truly customize their PC and remove Windows, then I'd suggest shopping at another vendor like HP. I've heard HP honors the refund, not sure on Windows 7 though.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!