There's the Apple brand, and then there's Microsoft...
Yes, the "ooh, shiny" crowd loves the iPhone, despite its limitations and Jobsian control -- because the interface works so very, very well and it's made by oh-so-cool Apple. But the Microsoft brand is ALSO well known by the trend-following public... and it's a long, long way from Apple's cool factor. So I'm as puzzled as other commentards about what the marketing group in Redmond must have been smoking.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats