"- Transparent PNGs are encoded in JPG with an alpha channel to further optimise size."
This is not good practice, as transcoding from one lossy compressed format to another degrades quality.
This is a mere hack that encourages bad planning and sloppy design.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!