No, no it wasn't. It was written in 1997 by Michael Sweet, used in Linux from 1999, then used in OSX from 2002 as it was *already robust*. Apple bought the code and hired the developer in 2007.
Not very written by Apple, really.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low