No, no it wasn't. It was written in 1997 by Michael Sweet, used in Linux from 1999, then used in OSX from 2002 as it was *already robust*. Apple bought the code and hired the developer in 2007.
Not very written by Apple, really.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month