No, no it wasn't. It was written in 1997 by Michael Sweet, used in Linux from 1999, then used in OSX from 2002 as it was *already robust*. Apple bought the code and hired the developer in 2007.
Not very written by Apple, really.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS