Let's not wait until 2013
Nehalem-EX will have 8 cores but less performance per core than EP.
Bulldozer will stuffer from the same more core less performance but core problem.
SPARC64 Venus aka VIII was canceled a year ago and Oracle has no interest in it.
T3 will be 12 months from now and will still be the slow cores but 16 on a die. It is not until yellowstone falls that Sun finally has a single thread performance chip. That is when Sun goes back to a four core chip with 8 alternating threads. Crazy as it sounds but I have seen the roadmap. They also hope to get to 3GHz...yippeee. The problem is Larry wont have the patience or desire to invest in such a low ROI which has a good chance of being another chip which turns out to be a ROCK.
Check out the SAP and Java benchmarks for the T2+ and Power7.
Time to be open to new technology.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps