Let's not wait until 2013
Nehalem-EX will have 8 cores but less performance per core than EP.
Bulldozer will stuffer from the same more core less performance but core problem.
SPARC64 Venus aka VIII was canceled a year ago and Oracle has no interest in it.
T3 will be 12 months from now and will still be the slow cores but 16 on a die. It is not until yellowstone falls that Sun finally has a single thread performance chip. That is when Sun goes back to a four core chip with 8 alternating threads. Crazy as it sounds but I have seen the roadmap. They also hope to get to 3GHz...yippeee. The problem is Larry wont have the patience or desire to invest in such a low ROI which has a good chance of being another chip which turns out to be a ROCK.
Check out the SAP and Java benchmarks for the T2+ and Power7.
Time to be open to new technology.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can