Is (I reckon) a mixture of:
a) ooh new browser
b) ooh a way to avoid MS (again)
c) in the case of two non-IT folks I know (parents) both independently installed Chrome on their laptops as "they wanted to use Google to search the web" and to them it appeared this was the only way to do it. Then came the phone call to me to sort out why the Internet looked funny. 5 minutes later they were back on Firefox and content again.
This is Googles biggest asset - it's brand.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging