did anyone mention the BTS yet?
there's an open-sauce GSM basestation project underway, There are many positive things to say about the http://openbts.sourceforge.net/ project , however it's very likely we'll see fake/pirate/private GSM BTS soon. Did anyone mention that the BTS informs the handset what level of encryption to use - "today, Malcom, we'll be using weak"
GSM eavesdropping is TECHNICALLY EASY - you need a USRP software radio and do upto 3 months typing in Python/C bodging free and open bits of software together. Then private individuals can ELINT/SIGINT/COMINT listen & track GSM, a USRP software radio costs around £520 and is not illegal to own or play with. it's not an overstatement to say - don't do mission critical things on GSM.
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Google! and! Facebook! IDs! face! Yahoo! login! BAN!
- CIA snoops snooped on Senate to spy spy torture report – report