I ignored the faux-popup [IE cancelled it] this morning when I wanted to quickly upload a picture; I then went into the privacy settings. I'm assuming you only get the radio buttons if you agree to look at the privacy settings from that faux-popup 'window'.
Went through and th emost annoying thing was that under one setting [contacts, I think] there are drop downs for "everyone, Friends, friends of friends" but not one for "only me" - you have to go into Custom for that.
That reads as a deliberate attempt at obfuscating the option to not show your phone number, email addy etc to me - pretty shaky ground morally.
Off over to me dads later on to make sure he has set his one up properly - he's surprisingly savvy at this stuff for a sixty-something year old who's career is almost entirely unrelated to IT, but I do like to make sure he hasn't made any elimentary errors....just in case.
Not a massive fan of this, reeks of 'we want more advertisers to see your data' which while it is in their interests, isn't necessarily in the interests of 90% of their users...
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA