Yup, one of my favourite giggle moments in the history of CPU design that.
Intel: "Here is the path to the Promised Land of 64 bit computing <trumpet fanfare, drumroll, hype>, the Itanium processor."
AMD: "Here is <kazoo noise, penny in cup, powerpoint slides> a 64 bit version of what you've got now".
World: "Yay! Gimme some of that shit!"
Intel: "Oh fuck. Didn't see that one coming."
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging