It's not so simple.
I have a choice:
Stay with VM and use a 10MB/s (or higher if I want to pay more) connection which stays up and at that speed most of the time and put up with this kind of crap.
Escape the DPI crap and enjoy a ~500KB/s unreliable connection and hope that the company I go with isn't eaten up by someone who uses DPI anyhow.
Until someone other than VM puts in post-1950's grade copper between many homes and the exchange there will be many of us who don't have a real choice if we want to enjoy the internet.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK