Have they fixed/replace the attrocious network manager?
After playing with Ubuntu in its last incarnation that's the best question I can ask.
Crazily it worked fine in the live-CD mode, but once installed it relied on "Network Manager" which ought to be called "Notwork Manager" instead of the old linux (unix like) configuration files. Nothing could get it on our network without disabling this atrocious tool and using the old style configuration.
Oh - and the design of the manager is so poor that it ignores the standard configuration files - and it does not even comment them out or add a comment to explain why they will be ignored - before not working. I thought perhaps we'd done something odd, but no there were loads of complaints about the shoddyness of NM in the support forums. For the last 2 or 3 releases! Who does that remind me of. Apparently there is a much better tool but its ignored for not being Gnomic enough....
Paris - due the the ill conceived tools ofcourse.
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass