If fact, it's the millions and millions of PC's servers running bloated Windows OS which is part of the problem of excessive energy consumption. Most Windows PC's seem to be running at full pelt just to be on and doing nothing. This has been pointed out about MS so often in the past.
Modern OS's are part of the solution - so I would suggest that Australians start shifting over asap and get everyone else to do the same!
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update