Running indefinitely and fast boot times are important when you realize that suspend/hibernate on laptops simply isn't usable on Linux.
This apparently is due to a conspiracy of motherboard manufacturers in the pay of Microsoft who won't keep rewriting their firmware for every new kernel.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk