Most users in general can leave their systems 'on' indefinitely
...ever hear of hibernating your machine?
For the person that mentioned wireless on Linux working "out of the box", I'd have to say that in my experience it always has, or with very little tinkering. I use a Windows driver on my Linux system with no problem. However, Windows 7 sees the wireless card but won't connect to anything. Known issue with my model of card. Seriously, if you have a computer, tinkering is going to be involved to some extent sometimes.
If you could liken progress in computing to the auto industry, we're only just beginning to move beyond the age of the Model-T.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER