Pidgin does have some video support
The front page at www.pidgin.im says '2.6.1 adds XMPP Voice and Video support (but not on Windows yet)'
OK, so that's limited protocol support, but it's still inaccurate to say it doesn't have any.
Then again, even though pidgin is my IM client of choice so far, I'd have to admit it needs a bit of work, especially on some of the interface and also the non multithreaded nature of the app. IRC support is still crap - even with some of the addons to improve things, and the initial IRC window hangs the entire pidgin app when loading on a slowish machine.
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK