"...most Linux users tend to just leave the system running indefinitely..."
Really? What planet do they live on, then? Presumably one where energy prices haven't been rising well over the rate of inflation for the last few years, and aren't likely to increase by 50% in the next few years.
Our home computers now get turned off when not in use. At work, this isn't feasible due to the half-hour-to-usable times we have to put up with on our crappy old machines, but as new fast-boot workstations start to come through, I shall be issuing instructions to turn them completely off at night.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network