agree that most ubuntu boxes don't get rebooted very often, but same applies to netbooks. I've got an AA1 (running their own Linux) and I fully reboot about once a month - usually I just shut the lid and it suspends. Open the lid and it's 30secs until I'm checking mail - and most of that time is waiting for the WiFi to connect. Fast boot is good, but probably not THAT important - main thing is will the boot times stay constant over time? unlike my old XP box that now takes 5+ mins 'cos there's so much junk on it!
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Video of US journalist 'beheading' pulled from social media