agree that most ubuntu boxes don't get rebooted very often, but same applies to netbooks. I've got an AA1 (running their own Linux) and I fully reboot about once a month - usually I just shut the lid and it suspends. Open the lid and it's 30secs until I'm checking mail - and most of that time is waiting for the WiFi to connect. Fast boot is good, but probably not THAT important - main thing is will the boot times stay constant over time? unlike my old XP box that now takes 5+ mins 'cos there's so much junk on it!
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked