And you are qualified to comment how exactly? Neither the victims or their parents are pathetic.
1. 12 year olds and younger and teenagers are going to get onto the Internet unsupervised whatever any parent tries to do. You may not have been a teenager, but most people I know managed to do things that their parents disapproved of between the age of 10 & 16.
2. Every parent I know (myself included), and also both primary and secondary schools, explain the dangers and try to educate children to use the Internet responsibly. Sometimes teenagers think they know better - how odd.
Of course there is an over-reaction in some quarters that leads to over-cautious schools banning cameras at school concerts, etc., but blame the media for that, not the parents and certainly not the children.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging