Most software in use every day can run fine as a single threaded app. The other CPUs can do all the other non-app tasks like background OS tasks, playing MP3 and all the other stuff that happens in a modern PC.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging