insert GPL fud
"The spirit of the GPL, and its purpose, were pretty straightforward and in my view honourable. But beware - it's more than it looks. Large companies can use it to harrass small ones. Small ones can use it to harrass large ones", David Coveney
The 'spirit' of the GPL is hardly the issue as the terms have been explicidly laid down in the actual text of the license. What large/small companies harrass other small/large companies. Please point out where actual harrass took place rather than the requirement that the terms of the GPL be adhered to. GPL 3 was specifically designed to prevent anyone coming after you for patent royalties ..
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update