IBM's (predominantly) German friends
I think that the Nazi thing came from an IBM subsidiary in Germany during WW2 (De Ho Mags or something like that) that made all the record keeping machines they used to keep track of people. The Nazi's were meticulous record keepers. I read this in a book by Jeffrey Deaver so how much is true I'm not sure, I can't think it would be fictitious (unless IBM sold him a duff PC once!).
Ironically (not sure if this is just an urban myth) but IBM won't sell into the gaming industry on moral grounds??
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- AT&T adds 61¢ 'Mobility Administrative Fee' for users
- Updated Reports: New Xbox could DOOM second-hand games market