It isn't because net books lack the hardware to run a 'full OS' - its more the complex , unreliable , unsecure , not easilty updateable bits that go with it.
Think thin client with off line capabilities and then you get the right idea. Oh and why should a $100 netbook have a $150 OS when all the user wants to do is check myspace / facebook / google docs?
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- Vid+Pics Microsoft unwraps WINDOWS 10. Evidently, Seven ate Nine
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9