It isn't because net books lack the hardware to run a 'full OS' - its more the complex , unreliable , unsecure , not easilty updateable bits that go with it.
Think thin client with off line capabilities and then you get the right idea. Oh and why should a $100 netbook have a $150 OS when all the user wants to do is check myspace / facebook / google docs?
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why