You are quite wrong about Gutenberg not checking the texts they put up. Some of the earlier parts of the archive might not have been checked, I don't know all the history, but these days most books go through multiple painstaking rounds of proofing and formatting before being released (details at http://www.pgdp.net). Also, if you want a ready formatted ebook version of a Gutenberg book, try http://manybooks.net/.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Apple flings iOS 8.1 at world+dog: Our AMAZEBALLS 9-step installation guide