You are quite wrong about Gutenberg not checking the texts they put up. Some of the earlier parts of the archive might not have been checked, I don't know all the history, but these days most books go through multiple painstaking rounds of proofing and formatting before being released (details at http://www.pgdp.net). Also, if you want a ready formatted ebook version of a Gutenberg book, try http://manybooks.net/.
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?