Note that a particular copy of a public domain book owned by a local public library can't be scanned and distributed without that library's permission. After all, the coffee stains and so on that make each copy unique are themselves a copyrightable work.
But one can always retype the text.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat
- Pics R.I.P. LADEE: Probe smashes into lunar surface at 3,600mph
- Ex–Apple CEO John Sculley: Ousting Steve Jobs 'was a mistake'