Note that a particular copy of a public domain book owned by a local public library can't be scanned and distributed without that library's permission. After all, the coffee stains and so on that make each copy unique are themselves a copyrightable work.
But one can always retype the text.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...