This is why you need the GPL...
Books in the public domain need to be covered by a legislative equivalent of the GPL. It should say that books which are out of copyright can be used in anyway you wish (including charging for copies) but you also give them same rights to anyone who purchases it. So if I buy your out of copyright book I am entitled to resell the entire contents if I wish. It's important that works in the public domain do not become someone else's property by accident or intent - allowing anyone to colonise our cultural, artistic and scientific past is truly shameful.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad