...with friends like these... I fear that what will happen here is a strengthening of copyright laws to the detriment of fair use, and a conviction and terrible legal precedent putting legitimate torrenting/file sharing (eg, OSS, user made game mods, etc) at risk.
And all because these guys couldn't just show up with the evidence and present it, but have to act like arrogant, self-aggrandizing twits. They're going to get themselves strung up just because they're being dickheads, and the rest of the world will have to pay for the precedent that sets.
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- That Microsoft-Nokia merger you've been predicting? It's no go