Why research when you can type a one-liner?
"there is no way you can be sure that Windows 7's XP Mode is supported unless you research Intel's CPU web pages or the manufacturer specifically says so."
Well, you could fire up a terminal in your linux distro and enter the following:
if [ `grep -c vmx /proc/cpuinfo` -ge 0 ]; then echo Supports Intel VT; else echo No Support for Intel VT; fi
Which will give you the answer you are looking for.
Then again if you were running a linux distro you wouldn't be looking at Windows 7...
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire