It doesn't add up
OK, take an example. 10 people, do the same job, a complex job requiring previous skills and training. 5 are men, 5 are women.
One of them (a male) is highly experienced and negotiated a £5k higher wage. Women find out about this. All demand the higher wage. Soooo, we have one highly experienced man on a higher wage, 5 women get the wage whether deserved or not, and four men who are discriminated against because of their sex on a lower wage. And possibly a bankrupted company who can't afford another £25k a year wage bill.
Nice one Government. Do you want any small businesses to succeed?
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network