Just a note, quite a few nominally land based aircraft have arrestor hooks as an emergancy backup against brake/hydrualic failure. Examples include F16, F117, English Electric Lightning(have actually worked on one of those!). Granted that the one shown on this beastie seems to be quite substantial and more like that of a navy aircraft . I do seem to remember reading that they recover a lot of these UAVs using various kinds of arrestor gear including net barriers.
It does seem that UAVs will be the future of air combat, even BAe are working on this technology.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Flesh-flapping, image-zapping app Snapchat NOW ad-wrapped
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots