But the serious point here is that the government should be giving us the money so we can pay off our debts quickly and go out and spend.
Oh but wait, we're not donors to Labour, the Conservatives or the Liberal Democrats are we (well maybe some of us are but I doubt anyone would admit to doing so at the moment.) so while I'll admit we are all dependent on these institutions surviving it also benefits the political parties to allow Shred's ilk to prosper.
Maybe the Bank of England should start offering accounts to consumers as given the choice I'd be happier to bank with a nationalised bank.
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL