... the yank is ill-informed. Us Brits do still have the right to own firearms. What we don't have the right to do is own military weapons which have no use but to kill humans.
Pistols are an easily concealed personal protection sidearm of limited range which have no role in pest control or hunting. Therefore they are not permitted. Automatic weapons are designed for spraying an area. These too are not permitted. Learn how to shoot a rifle accurately and you don't need to loose off a whole clip to get that rabbit, or use a shotgun which will leave you something to cook in the pot.
No animal hunting or pest control is suitable for an uzi, a Barrett 50mm, an M16 or an AK47. So Mr Yank, if you own one, what exactly are you planning it use it for?
Black helicopter as it's probably privately owned by someone called Randy and equipped with weaponry that would make Arnie envious!
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up