Basically, everybody makes an ok phone. It's just that none of them really set my heart a thumpin' . All have some nice features, but they all have problems that are sometimes worse. The recent (today in the US) Reg piece on the latest Nokia Communicator is a good example.
Notice for a moment that the iPhone is only sold in the US at present. How do Nokia's sales, for a much larger product line, compare? Now take like phones, smartphone to smartphone.
Apple only wants to sell 10M phones next year. But I bet their margins are a lot higher.
Given all that, I won't buy one. Not at those prices.
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK