Basically, everybody makes an ok phone. It's just that none of them really set my heart a thumpin' . All have some nice features, but they all have problems that are sometimes worse. The recent (today in the US) Reg piece on the latest Nokia Communicator is a good example.
Notice for a moment that the iPhone is only sold in the US at present. How do Nokia's sales, for a much larger product line, compare? Now take like phones, smartphone to smartphone.
Apple only wants to sell 10M phones next year. But I bet their margins are a lot higher.
Given all that, I won't buy one. Not at those prices.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network