Surprisingly, the Moon is not as accurately mapped (particularly with altimetry data) as Mars.
LRO instrumentation is not related to Mars Express. MEX was actually loaded with left-over European-built instruments from the failed Soviet Mars-96 mission. Most of the high quality Mars mapping data is from the Mars Global Surveyer, which orbited for ten years and had a laser altimeter. LRO is closely related to the Mars Recon. Orbiter that is currently circling that planet.
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad