Can't be bothered anymore
I used to knock off lots of MP3s, games, Win apps, never did movies though, then I'd get six months down the line and spend a day cleaning out a load of old crap I never listened to, installed or even knew I had! It was like a drug, I would simply have to grab stuff for the sake of it, whether I wanted it not, the stuff had no value, I took it for granted. I would download tons of music, it got 3 mins listen in which to judge it, then on to the next one.
Eventually I moved off to Penguin land, so I stopped downloading Windows games and app software, I now scan places like MySpace, listen to demo CDs from magazines or artists websites.
I get genuinely free software, which has had a lot of hard work put into it, it's not perfect but me even using it, the developer feels that his hard work amounts to something. I now make genuine solid choices with my music and I find I appreciate the music more. I have nice cases and artwork and good sound quality from CD. I'm not coming over all pious and smug, but stepping back, throwing it all out and taking stock just worked for me.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging