@WT + Paul
The ARD *client* is installed on all Macs. You can enable it in the Sharing Preference panel. But that usually doesn't do any good if you don't have a copy of the management tool (which is the $300 software mentioned).
Ironically, *enabling* ARD actually kills this vulnerability. You can also just do a "sudo chmod -R 000 /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app " to disable it (this might be undone by Disk Utility if you run a permissions repair, didn't check).
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it