It always ceases to amaze me
When the blended vuln in Safari and IE on Windows was discovered, Microsoft's recommendation was for users to not use Safari. A better workaround was to change your default downloads directory. Problem gone. Simple solution.
El Reg hasn't posted any of the many workarounds available for the ARD problem. TUAW has a few solutions here: http://www.tuaw.com/2008/06/19/ardagent-setuid-allows-root-access-but-theres-an-easy-fix/
I'd guess an awful lot of people out there don't need to be managed by an admin, so can safely stop this problem in its tracks until Apple release a fix.
No one is reporting the solution though, only the problem.
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS strike Earth TWICE YEARLY
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Patch iOS, OS X now: PDFs, JPEGs, URLs, web pages can pwn your kit
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe