Everything has to start somewhere
At the moment, they may be making hydrogen from burning natural gas and the like, but once things get going, hydrogen cars will allow the hydrogen to be produced in places with abundant hydroelectricity, the way heavy water and aluminum get made. And there will eventually be hydrogen fueling stations in places outside California as well. The hydrogen car is an essential link in a chain that would let us abolish fossil fuel use, even though it can't do that by itself.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire