Others have presumably already said this, or you were taking the mickey or something, but...
According to the article, "Rasberry" is the way in which you spell the surname of the chap after whom the ants are actually named. As opposed to the fruit.
I can't be bothered to check whether his name really is Rasberry or Raspberry. Or something else altogether.
Flames 'cos these critters are presumably still preferable to fire ants. Or a fire.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'