It's a pity they couldn't break the Linux box. Then we would have seen the real security metric: how quickly and effectively does each platform vendor supply a patch for the newly-revealed vulnerability.
My money would be on the Linux vendor to release first, by weeks.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip