It's about time they grew a pair and just found a way to ftth the entire country. Then you all get decent tv and the govt can defray at least a significant amount of the civils cost with the revenue from the bandwidth auctions. If bandwidth requirements for mobile are going to increase (and it's not certain they will, but looking likely) isn't it better to bite the bullet and make one big change rather than pissing about with many small disruptive changes? Yes it costs money but you get better broadband, better tv (remember cable tv isn't ftth in most cases, its a copper last mile) and more space for mobile broadband. Not a perfect solution, but one with potential that they have talked about in the past.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops