It's about time they grew a pair and just found a way to ftth the entire country. Then you all get decent tv and the govt can defray at least a significant amount of the civils cost with the revenue from the bandwidth auctions. If bandwidth requirements for mobile are going to increase (and it's not certain they will, but looking likely) isn't it better to bite the bullet and make one big change rather than pissing about with many small disruptive changes? Yes it costs money but you get better broadband, better tv (remember cable tv isn't ftth in most cases, its a copper last mile) and more space for mobile broadband. Not a perfect solution, but one with potential that they have talked about in the past.
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor