Half way there
The other half is putting the key pad on the card. With the current system, a display you have no reason to trust tells you who will be paid and how much. You give your account details to a reader that might log them and type your pin on a key pad that could have a key logger attached. Whoever came up with that clearly put some thought into removing as much security as possible.
I would love to see a card that shows who is getting paid and how much on a screen I can trust. Even better, add a keypad so I can be confident that no key logger will be sending my PIN to India. If they really want to go overboard, add an off switch so the card does not spew my ID to every RF-ID reader in a shopping centre.
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?