Re: Environmental Accounting
I largely agree, but its a lot more complicated. Some materials, chemicals, practices, etc are cheaper but are more environmentally harmful in their effects. Without oversight, private industry would tend to use things that socialize costs and privatize profits. It is, therefore, governments role to strictly regulate pollutants to prevent such cost socialization or tax it to compensate the public. That said, taxing CO2 as a pollutant is somewhat insane.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default