Re: Environmental Accounting
I largely agree, but its a lot more complicated. Some materials, chemicals, practices, etc are cheaper but are more environmentally harmful in their effects. Without oversight, private industry would tend to use things that socialize costs and privatize profits. It is, therefore, governments role to strictly regulate pollutants to prevent such cost socialization or tax it to compensate the public. That said, taxing CO2 as a pollutant is somewhat insane.
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Rejoice, Windows fans: Stable 64-bit Chromium drops for Win 7 and 8