"...competitors have a 6-9 month product release cycle..."
I think you're right. I read that Google and Asus *started* discussing the Nexus 7 project in January 2012, and was being sold in massive quantities by summer. I wonder how many divorces resulted from the product team all working around the clock?
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?