I think we're seeing a few things here, and none of them reflect well on Apple
They're out of exciting new features (or so it seems). All that's left is to improve processor speed.
Their competitors have a 6-9 month product release cycle, while apple has had a 1 year one. That doesn't cut it anymore.
Everyone who buys iStuff has piles of 30-pin accessories. Switching to lightning in time for the holidays means more sales of adapters and new accessories.
The Apple visionary is gone - and he has not risen from the dead (at least not yet).
Also, Tim Cook sucks at product launches.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?