I think we're seeing a few things here, and none of them reflect well on Apple
They're out of exciting new features (or so it seems). All that's left is to improve processor speed.
Their competitors have a 6-9 month product release cycle, while apple has had a 1 year one. That doesn't cut it anymore.
Everyone who buys iStuff has piles of 30-pin accessories. Switching to lightning in time for the holidays means more sales of adapters and new accessories.
The Apple visionary is gone - and he has not risen from the dead (at least not yet).
Also, Tim Cook sucks at product launches.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR