I think we're seeing a few things here, and none of them reflect well on Apple
They're out of exciting new features (or so it seems). All that's left is to improve processor speed.
Their competitors have a 6-9 month product release cycle, while apple has had a 1 year one. That doesn't cut it anymore.
Everyone who buys iStuff has piles of 30-pin accessories. Switching to lightning in time for the holidays means more sales of adapters and new accessories.
The Apple visionary is gone - and he has not risen from the dead (at least not yet).
Also, Tim Cook sucks at product launches.
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- 46% of iThings slurp iOS 8: What part of this batt-draining update didn't you like?