Re: One law for corporations...
You seem to presume that the members of your govt and President are in charge of your government. Yet the US has a system of governance that effectively prevents that.
You have a highly homogenous group of politicians (Forget gender and ethnicity loot at their wealth, their inherit wealth and their employment) with what appears to be a very high level of autonomy and an agenda which usually starts "Get enough cash to get re-elected (by all means necessary)."
So in reality the President is "in charge" as much as his world view aligns with theirs. "W" did real well on this basis. How history will judge him is another matter.
Perhaps they should change the title from "President" to "Cat herder in chief"
Yes that is a copy of "Take back your government" sticking out of my pack.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging